We buy gold jewelry in any condition, whether it is broken, damaged, old, antique, or vintage. Gold jewelry purchased in the United States is usually 10, 14, or 18 karat gold. California Gold & Silver Exchange understands that if you purchased your gold jewelry overseas in Asia, Europe, India, The Middle East, or South America that you likely have higher karat gold. We pay accordingly for 18k, 21k, 22k and 24 karat gold. We buy anything gold, including rings, chains, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, pendants, money clips, bangles, charms, watches, and more. If you’re not sure of the karat of your jewelry, of if your jewelry is not stamped or marked, bring it in and it will be our pleasure to evaluate it at no charge to you. With our XRF X-ray analyzer we have the equipment to properly evaluate your gold jewelry. Below is a list of each karat and what percentage of gold each karat is as well as what area of the world the gold jewelry may have come from.
8 Karat = 33.3% (Mexico)
9 Karat = 37.5% (Great Britain, Australia)
10 Karat = 41.7% (United States, Mexico, Turkey, Italy)
14 Karat = 58.5% (United States, Mexico, Turkey, Italy, Europe)
18 Karat = 75.0% (United States, South America, Middle East, Italy, Europe, Japan, Philippines)
21 Karat = 87.5% (Middle East, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon)
22 Karat = 91.6% (South East Asia, India, Dubai, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines)
23 Karat = 95.8% (Thailand)
AS LOW AS 8 AND 9 KARAT GOLD
We buy gold jewelry in all conditions whether it’s new, old, broken, damaged, vintage or antique. As long as it’s gold, we can buy it. We have purchased jewelry as low as 8 and 9 karat gold, but most of the items we buy are the traditional 10 karat, 14 karat, 18 karat, 22 karat and 24 karat gold. Yellow gold, white gold (Rhodium dipped), rose gold, and black hills gold are just some of the different types of gold jewelry we purchased in our stores. We buy anything gold including rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, pendants, charms, money clips, brooches, watches, etc. If you aren’t sure, bring it and we will evaluate it at no charge because selling estate jewelry is a great way to make a little extra cash.
VINTAGE, ANTIQUE, DAMAGED, BROKEN, OR SILVER JEWELRY
California Gold & Silver Exchange buys sterling jewelry in any condition including vintage, antique, damaged, broken or silver jewelry you just do not wear anymore. We buy earrings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, rings and much more. Most silver jewelry is sterling silver and should be stamped with a hallmark of either “.925” or “sterling.” Sterling is 92.5% silver. The other 7.5% metal is generally copper, but it may also be nickel, iron, or tin. If your jewelry is stamped “German Silver”, “Alpaca”, or “Nickle Silver” you do not have sterling silver, but rather, you have an alloy of nickle and copper, with no silver. We do not buy German Silver, Alpaca or Nickle Silver. If you cannot find the stamping on your jewelry, do not worry, just bring it in, and we will gladly test it for you and determine what you have. We can use our Precious metal analyzer to determine exactly what metal you have.
We are committed to your safety, please click here
California Gold & Silver Exchange
130 S Mountain Ave Unit R
Upland, CA 91786
Appointment Recommended but not Required. Call 909-985-4653 to set up an appointment. We also welcome walk-ins during normal business hours.