We at California Gold and Silver Exchange aim to make the jewelry selling process as smooth and hassle-free as possible. Customers are asked only to provide photo ID detailing their age, and address, when they bring their items in for sale. We then make an accurate and thorough assessment of the value of the item, and price it competitively according to current market values. The customer is then provided a full quote for the purchase price of the item. If the customer is amenable, California Gold and Silver Exchange will present the full agreed-upon value of the item in cash or check, your choice, right then and there.

silver scrap for cash

Sterling Jewelry

California Gold & Silver Exchange buys sterling jewelry in any condition including vintage, antique, damaged, broken or silver jewelry you just don’t wear anymore.   We buy earrings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, rings and much more.  Most silver jewelry is Sterling silver and should be stamped with a hallmark of either “.925” or “sterling.”   Sterling is 92.5% silver. The other 7.5% metal generally is copper.

There may be other markings on your jewelry pieces. If your jewelry is stamped “German Silver”, “Alpaca”, or “Nickle Silver” you do not have sterling silver but rather you have an alloy of Nickle and copper with no silver.  We do not buy German Silver, Alpaca or Nickle Silver.  If you cannot find the stamping on your jewelry, don’t worry, just bring it in and we will gladly test it for you and determine what you have. We can use our Precious metal analyzer to determine exactly what metal you have.

silver jewelry bracelet

Sterling Silverware

Looking to get cash for sterling silverware set? California Gold and Silver Exchange is the place! Bring in your set of your sterling silver forks, spoons, knife, serving utensils, napkin holders, sterling trays, tea sets, candlestick holders and salt & pepper shakers and get cash for them today.  You will be shocked at how much you will get.

silver silverware for cash

Sterling Medallions

Sterling Medallions and Ingots are common items in many silver collections.  The most common mints are the Franklin Mint and the Hamilton Mint.  These topical collector medals are made of 92.5% sterling silver and come in the round or bar form.  They range in size from 1 gram to 25 troy ounces or more. Check out our Franklin Mint page for more information on these sterling silver items. Also, find out the difference between a coin and a medallion here.

Silver Bullion

1 oz American Silver Eagles

1 oz Silver Rounds

1 oz Canadian Silver Maple Leaf

1 oz Austrian Silver Philharmonic

1 oz Australia Silver Kookaburra

1 oz Australia Silver Kangaroo

1 oz Great Britain Silver Britannia

1 oz Mexican Silver Libertad

1 oz Mexican Silver Onza

1 oz Silver Bars

5 oz silver Bars

10 oz silver Bars

Kilo Silver Bars

100 oz silver Bars

silver bullion bars

Silver Coins

Morgan Silver Dollar (1878-1921)

Peace Silver Dollar (1921-1935)

Walking Liberty Half Dollars (1916-1947)

Franklin Half Dollars (1948-1963)

Kennedy Half Dollars (1964-1970)

Barber or Liberty Head Quarter (1892-1916)

Standing Liberty Quarter (1916-1930)

Washington Quarters (1932-1964)

Barber or Liberty Head Dimes (1892-1916)

Mercury Dimes (1916-1945)

Roosevelt Dimes (1946-1964)

1968 Mexico 25 Peso (Olimpiada Mexico)

1977-1978 Cien (100) Peso

1909-1959 Cinco (5) Peso

1905-1960 Diez (10) Peso

1905-1951 50 Centavos

1950-1953 25 Centavos

1920-1943 20 Centavos

1901-1967 Un (1) peso

8 reales

4 reales

2 reales

Real (1, ½, ¼ )

PCGS and NGC are the most well known grading companies for U.S. and foreign coins.

silver coins