The Great Britain Britannia gold coin features Philip Nathan’s award-winning Britannia from 1987 is the enduring symbol of a nation, boldly standing beside a shield that bears the Union Flag, a symbol of Britain’s strength, and holds an olive branch representing peace
- Coins are 1 troy ounce of .9999 fine Gold
- Great Britain’s official gold bullion coin.
- Obverse: Philip Nathan’s Britannia is the enduring symbol of the nation, with flag shield and pitchfork.
- Reverse: Queen Elizabeth II
- Weight and purity guaranteed by Great Britain.
New Features on the 2021 1 oz Gold Britannia
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- Micro text gives both decoration and protection – ‘an ornament and a safeguard’
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union Flag accented with tincture lines
For more information on Great Britains’s coins visit the Royalmint.com.
If you have questions please feel free to call us at (909) 985-4653. In addition, send questions via email and we will respond the next business day. Be sure to view our full selection of gold coins which includes various brands or manufactures and sizes.